|Waterways, Wharfs & Bridges|
The Watering Place was a small triangle of land on the south side of Market Street, west of Washington Street. A little brook flowed down the hillside to this site where the settlers came to water their cattle and fetch water for domestic purposes. By 1800, the Aqueduct Company, which was incorporated to supply Newark with water, used the Watering Place as part of it's water supply.
Books used for this page:
Indian Trails and City Streets
|Copyright 1998 - 2017 Glenn G. Geisheimer|